Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Sunday, January 26, 2014

On the table...

I've recently been playing one of my Christmas presents.  I'm enjoying it but as the plan is to do a review on it at some stage I won't say too much at the moment.



I will say though that due to the scope of the game and the limited number of counters occasionally the named leaders for the Gallic tribes are a bit out of place in a given scenario. Being a Caesar freak I couldn't take that and decided to make up my own counter for brave Dumnacus.  I'd taken a counter scan before cutting the counters out, so used Microsoft Paint to do a bit of wizardry and ta-da!  What a genius!

I then did the same thing with the obverse, saved and printed out.

I was all very proud of myself until I realised that as well as saving the doctored images separately, I'd stuffed something up and saved the improvised ones in place of the original counter scans, too.  Ta-da!  What an idiot!

There's a fine line between stupid and, uh, clever, as Nigel Tufnel and David St. Hubbins so famously said...


7 comments:

  1. That does look like a fine game!

    Trial and error means there will be errors, so don't be too tough on your self! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, Monty! Talk about the voice of reason ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to your review of the game. I've never heard of it, and now I desperately want it.

    I've blundered in that way enough times that doing a "save as" as soon as I open a file is now second nature. I'm trainable but it sure does take a lot of pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is I was telling myself to be careful and thought I had been... Just goes to show that technology can get you every time!

      The game is quite good. Has taken me a while to see the subtleties, but they're there. It's pretty cheap too, provided that you don't have to pay shipping to Japan!

      Delete
  3. Interesting game - look forward to your review. It is all to easy to stuff things up when meddling with the digital dark arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boardgamegeek has scans of most of the counters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...