Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Society of Ancients on facebook

I've recently taken on a role with the Society of Ancients as their publicity manager.  The plan is that I will work in various ways to get more online exposure for the Society and its journal, Slingshot. Ideally, this will help to bring in new members and ensure that the Society remains in rude health for many years to come.

As part of this I've set up a Society facebook page which will be used to run competitions and post the odd bit of hobby or Society-related news. If you're on facebook and are interested in things ancient and medieval, please feel free to like the page, drop in there from time to time, and comment as you would like.

There should be some interesting things coming up!





  

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new assignment. I began my subscription in August and am anxiously awaiting my first issue of Slingshot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jonathan. The next edition shouldn't be too far away, by the sounds of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aaron, thanks for taking this on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Aaron. I have been mulling over a SoA membership for some time, maybe in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gents, I'm enjoying it so far. El Grego - would be great to see you on board!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Aaron,

    I have also recently taken up a position with the SOA! (publications manager). It would be good to catch up at some point to share info and ideas

    cheers, Dave

    PS, love the blogsite btw, its excellent and I visit quite often

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "backpackbrewer"? With a name like that, I'm pretty sure you and Aaron will get on like a house on fire. :)

      Delete
    2. Cheers, Dave! Will be good to work with you :)

      Delete
  7. If that's not up your alley so-to-speak me ol' mate, I don't know what is. All the best! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...