Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

6mm figs for Crossfire painted

With a Crossfire game coming up on Sunday I've been trying to get a couple of companies of 6mm figs painted up quickly.  I'm still a bit unsure of the best colours for the uniforms etc. but I've done what I can in the time I've had available.

First up, Germans.




These are meant to be 1944-ish.  I undercoated them a light grey-green and then applied a series of washes.  One was the Tamiya field grey, another was the Mr. Hobby field grey, which is rather browner.  I still need to give the trousers a grey highlight and paint some of the kit (as well as flock the bases, of course!).

Next up, Americans.



These (also supposed to be 1944-ish) have been painted to the same recipe as my modern Americans.  They need a bit of olive drab in there, so I'll try to get a brush to trousers and shirts as well as kit if I have time.  It's likely however that, for the time being, undercoat with flesh and weapons picked out will probably have to do!

I'm quite keen about the game actually; I've not played Crossfire before and am really looking forward to seeing how it goes.

The next task is to do up some terrain pieces and finish learning the rules...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...