Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Prufrock's Wargaming Blog

Friday, May 24, 2013

More Gauls...

Another lot of Gauls done, and we're now just over a third of the way through the infantry.  These are a mix of Tin Soldier and Xyston, with a pack of Corvus Belli in there too.

The rainy season is coming up, so painting can get a bit icky from here on until autumn.  I want to get as much done as I can while spray primer and spray varnish are still reliable, so the nose is to the grindstone!




Ideally the next lot will be a portion of the cavalry, but I may just keep going with infantry while the force is with me.  We'll see how it goes...

10 comments:

  1. That's a lot of work. It will be good to see photos of them in action!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I get some cavalry done we can get them on the table very soon. I have a few scenarios in mind...

      Delete
  2. What a lot of pretty Gauls! Very nice. Simon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simon. I won't tell them you said they were pretty though!

      Delete
  3. Great work, and what a bunch! Only 1/3 of the way through?

    I can't manage to do all the checks like you've done here. This reminds me why I'm painting Naked Gauls.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pshaw, you would do checked patterns in your sleep, Monty! I think you just prefer them naked to unsettle the opposition ;-)

      Delete
    2. lol! Luckily, the guys I play ancients with are looking forward to the Naked Gauls coming to the tabletopb. I almost forget that puts some people off, and I've had a comment from someone saying they could never field a naked army.

      I wish we lived close enough to have a battle of the pants vs pantsless Gauls. It'd be a titanic clash!

      Delete
    3. I might add a nekkid unit or two to this lot once they're done, just to shock myself of a morning - and to confuse you, of course, should our forces ever meet ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...